Hurricane Season in Jamaica
Hurricane season in Jamaica is from June 1 to November 30. Even though Jamaica lies in what is called the Atlantic “hurricane belt”, it hardly ever experiences a hurricane. For the past 30 years, we have not experienced more than five dangerous hurricanes during the Jamaica hurricane season. There are times when hurricane conditions in neighboring countries have influenced our rain patterns. At most, Jamaica may have flooding in isolated areas and increased wind activity some time during the hurricane season.
Undoubtedly, Jamaica is the place of choice for many travelers and vacationers. It’s warm and invitingweather is just one of its great attributes. Jamaica is certainly one of the preferred destinations when it comes to tourism, attracting folks of varying interests and lifestyles. Regardless of your interest, Jamaica has something special and entertaining to offer.
Hurricane Travel Tips:
- Before planning any vacation, or trip particularly one during hurricane season, always purchase travel insurance that covers natural disasters, like hurricanes.
- Before leaving deposits with a hotel or purchasing outright a vacation package, find out what their policy is in the event of a hurricane or other natural disaster.
- Be sure to closely read the sort of policy being offered, as not all situations are reimbursable.
- If a storm is imminent, check in frequently with your airline to see if flights are being cancelled.
- Keep abreast with weather changes or advisories from the media, and check with your hotel to learn whether any evacuations are planned.