Cooking Time: 25 minutes per 500 grams
- 1 ham (4-6 pounds)
- 24 cloves
- 1 can pineapple slices
- 8 maraschino cherries (or preferred choice)
- 2 cups orange juice (or preferred fruit juice)
- ¼ cup brown sugar (or granulated sugar)
- Allow the ham to fully thaw, then remove plastic casing and stockinette.
- Wrap ham securely with aluminium foil to keep moisture in.
- Places on a baking rack with the fat side up. Place the rack with the ham in a roasting pan with water and bake at 180ºC(350ºF) for 20 minutes per 500 grams.
- Remove and discard the aluminium.
- Peel off ham skin and place to the side in the roasting pan. Make diagonal cuts using a sharpe knife, then stud with cloves.
- Arrange pineapple slices over the surface of the surface and place a red cherry in the center of each pineapple slice. Fasten with a toothpick to keep pineapple slices and cherries in place.
- Pour orange juice over the ham, then sprinkle on brown sugar.
- Return to oven and bake at 150ºC (300ºF) for 20-30 minutes until a golden brown color is achieved. Baste with sauce in pan at 5-10 minute intervals.