Dreams can become reality when shopping for duty free goodies. Visitors return year after year to enjoy great deals at percentages often less than a similar purchase in the U.S. With duty-free shopping visitors to Jamaica can save between 25-50 % on selected goods including jewelry, branded designs, souvenirs, international time pieces, perfumes, coffee, leather goods, and liquor. Usually, All-inclusive hotels and some other hotel properties have a designated day for duty-free shopping. Guest who are interested in the duty-free activities are taken to selected duty-free locations around the island.
United States Residents:
- Family members who are traveling home together are allowed do a joint declaration of their personal exemptions.
- U.S. residents who have been in Jamaica for 48 hours or more are allowed to take home items not exceeding the value of US$800 once every 30 days without incurring any duties
- Adults may include 200 cigarettes, 100 non Cuban cigars, and a liter of alcohol. Note that another liter of alcohol may be allowed if it is a a product of a Caribbean Basic country.
- Canadians are allowed goods amounting to the equivalent of CAN$750 without paying duties, if they have been on the island for 7 days or more.
- Canadians are exempt from duties if they claim goods not exceeding the value of CAN$400, and have been in Jamaica for 48 hours or more.
- Alcohol and tobacco must be kept with persons, however all other goods can be placed in other luggage.
United Kingdom Residents:
- U.K. residents are not allowed to combine allowances and do a joint declaration.
- Residents 17 or older: 1 liter of sparkling wine / other liquors with 2 liters of table wine; 60cc of perfume & 250cc of eau de toilette; 200 cigarettes/100 cigarillos; goods worth up to GBP145.
Duty Free Locations
- Bijoux Jewellers (Ocho Rios, Montego Bay, Kingston)
- Casa De Oro (Ocho Rios, Montego Bay, Negril)
- Tropicana Jewelers (Ocho Rios, Montego Bay, Negril)
- Jamaica Farewell (Montego Bay)
- The Royal Shop (Ocho Rios)
- Jewels & Time (Ocho Rios, Montego Bay)
- Mohan’s Duty Free Shop (Ocho Rios)
- House of Diamonds (Ocho Rios)
- Swiss Stores (Ocho Rios, Montego Bay, Kingston)
- Things Jamaican(Montego Bay, Kingston)